Annons:
Taginternational-relations
Read 976 times
jordan
2019-03-13 01:11

Brexit... Briefly

CGP Grey honestly is one of my favourite content creators on YouTube. He uses his clever editing skills to better articulate complex issues. In this one he revisits Brexit, which even still does not seem to be coming to a conclusion (They voted away another deal today!)

What do you think? Does this make it any clearer for you?

Annons:
Max
2019-03-13 01:52

It's a really well done explanation. I haven't been in the UK since all this started so it's difficult for me to judge the mood of the country. Ultimately the way the Irish issue gets solved is probably reunification of Ireland. The demographics are pointing in that direction as the higher birth rate amongst catholics means that Catholics will soon, be a majority in Northern Ireland so that reunification could get voted through. However demographics are also pointing towards staying in the EU as older voters were generally pro Brexit with younger voters anti. Thus each year that goes by probably adds a net 500k voters to the Remain camp. Given that it is no obvious to everyone that leaving the EU is way more complicated and costly than voters were led to believe at the referendum I think this will either end with some politician having the guts to say hey were not doing this or probably more likely a second referendum which most likely votes to remain.

Niklas
2019-03-13 20:04

I think I have had a fairly good view of the problems with brexit. A solution, on the other hand, is another thing. They have to choose something many of them don't like whichever way they go.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-13 23:41

Thank-you! Something that explains things clearly!!

I have become so confused within the floods of Brexit discussions everywhere I turn Confused

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: