Annons:
Taginternational-relations
Read 516 times
Evelina
2019-01-22 09:52

Books on Energy and Security

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I just started reading these two book for my new course, which is on Energy and Security. 😄 Has anyone read these before or heard of the authors?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-23 13:31

I haven’t read any of them. Is “Rising powers, shrinking planet” about the US? I noticed the quote on the sleeve mentioned “this country” without naming it, but need for change in energy use applies to the US more than most other countries, I think.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Max
2019-01-25 02:18

Mary Kaldor is the daughter of the most famous British economists of the 20th century Nick Kaldor. I met him once towards the end of his life when he came to give a guest lecture. Mary Kaldor is herself an accomplished economist / Governance professor based at the LSE.

Evelina
2019-01-25 09:09

#2 Thanks for the info! That is neat. I did read that she is professor at LSE and that she worked at SIPRI I believe. SIPRI is a research institute in Stockholm called Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.

Evelina
2019-01-25 09:12

#1 I wrote a comment to you a few days ago but I guess it didn't get posted for some reason. Rising Powers is not US specific. It is about what the author terms as 'resource wars'. So its not just about the fact that countries need to lower their energy consumption, but about the dynamics of oil (and other resources) and war, which the US and/or US oil companies tends to be a part of, of course.

Scroll to top
Annons: